|HOME | Icynene Insulation Products | Comparison Chart | Foam Insulation Advantages | Testimonials | About Us | Contact Us|
Icynene Spray Foam Insulation - SprayFoam InSEALation by Beicker Insulation
Icynene A Green Product
Many buildings constructed within the last decade have already experienced
major failures due to water damage and air leakage across the building envelope
that caused condensation and mold growth. Now, building scientists are emphasizing
the benefits of using effective air barriers for homeowners and trades. Air
barriers significantly reduce random air leakage, conserving up to 40 percent
of a building's energy loss and improving indoor air quality, when combined
with mechanical ventilation. Air barriers also extend the life of a building
by minimizing the flow of airborne moisture that can breed condensation, mold
growth and decay.
In evaluating Icynene® as a “Green” product, we have compared the properties of the product against the evaluation criteria of the Environmental Building News, a leading newsletter on environmentally responsible design and construction, and GreenSpec product standards. Icynene® falls within many of the defining categories and criteria that determine the environmental-soundness of a product.
1. Building components that reduce heating and cooling loads.
2. Products that reduce material use.
3. Impact on the environment.
4. Products that do not release significant pollutants into the building.
5. Products that block the introduction, development, or spread of indoor contaminants.
6. Products that reduce the impact of renovations.
7. Products with recycled content.
8. Embedded energy costs.
1. Icynene®, because it is an effective insulation and an air barrier system, can reduce energy consumption by up to 50% versus other insulation.
2. Installing Icynene® allows for:
3. Icynene® contains no CFCs, no HCFCs, no HFAs, no formaldehyde, nor volatile organic compounds.
4. Independent tests have confirmed that Icynene® emits no harmful emissions.
5. Icynene®, by air sealing the building envelope, controls condensation caused by infiltrating moist/humid air and the resulting molds and mildews. The air seal also prevents outside pollution, dust, and allergens from entering the building.
6. The pour fill variation of The Icynene Insulation System® can be installed in the wall cavities of older homes, that contain no insulation, via small 1/2” holes drilled in the wall. There is no need to rip out existing plaster or sheetrock.
7. Icynene® is not made from recycled material.
8. Like all insulation, Icynene® requires energy for its creation. It is an organic by-product of the petroleum distillation process. The energy required to transport Icynene® is relatively low versus the amount of insulation delivered. The amount of insulation needed for a 2,000 sq.ft. house can be shipped in 2 drums (55 gallons each). One transport truck can deliver enough Icynene® insulation for 38 homes of 2,000 sq.ft.
Other Insulation Related News & Information
Icynene Foam Insulation
Beicker Insulation HOME
The Icynene Insulation System
Icynene Insulation Products
Insulation Comparison Chart
Foam Insulation Advantages
Icynene & Your Home
Healthier Home & Family
Quieter & Peacefull Home
Energy Efficient Home
R Value Saves Money
Foam Insulation Testimonials
Icynene A Green Product
Icynene GOLD SEAL 400
Gold Seal 400 Press Release
GOLD SEAL 400 Product Sheet
Icynene Green Properties
Icynene Questions & Answers
GOLD SEAL Material Safety
Pour Formula Material Safety
Spray Formula Material Safety
American Home Showcase
Informacion en Espanol
Icynene Corporate Background
About Beicker Insulation
Contact Beicker Insulation
Foam Insulation Videos Links
Home Insulation San Antonio
Self Spray Foam Insulation
Icynene A Green Product RSS Feed
Copyright © 2003 - 2006 Beicker Insulation All Rights Reserved
Web Design & Web Hosting provided by SeguinHost.com